With Paschal's blog entry INETA Potential: Not For Craggy Island it may look like INETA is creating user groups. This is not the case. Instead, INETA supports existing user groups. A existing group can apply for INETA membership.
Criteria for membership:
- Have a significant .NET focus
- Have an established user group
- Hold regular in-person meetings open to anyone
- Have a user group web site
- Make every effort to grow the group and expand the local .NET community
What is the advantage for a user group being an INETA member?
- Best practices to start and run a user group
- Templates for Web sites
- Discussion forums
- Presentation repository
- Speakers Bureau
- Searchable User Group directory
More information is found on the INETA web site.