Demonstrating the differences, samples are given on displaying data from a database. The scenario is very simple with a selection list and a table to display records. The sample data I’m using is a Formula1 database with a table of F1 racers. The racers are filtered by the country they are from, and only racers from a single country are displayed. A combo box is used to select a country from the racers, and then the racers from the country are displayed. The same scenario is done with ASP.NET Web Forms, Web Pages, and ASP.NET MVC.
The first blog of this series will cover ASP.NET Web Forms and will be available soon linked from here.
- Filter and display data with ASP.NET Web Forms Part 1
- Filter and display data with ASP.NET Web Forms Part 2
- Filter and display data with ASP.NET Web Forms Part 3
- Filter and display data with ASP.NET Web Pages using Microsoft WebMatrix
- Filter and display data with ASP.NET MVC Part 1
- Filter and display data with ASP.NET MVC Part 2